For today’s enterprise that is dependent on its mobile app to deliver funnel-filling, ROI-returning experiences, innocuous-sounding names like “Jellybean,” “Kit Kat” or “Lollipop” are the stuff of fear and loathing.
Indeed, every time Android releases one of its new, sweetly-named mobile OS, or Apple pushes its numerically-themed updates, it’s a signal to enterprises that they will again need to dive into their mobile platform -- and ensure it’s still functioning.
FullStack development – at least here at iTexico – is the way we help our clients future-proof their investment. When maintaining a competitive edge requires a hiccup-free approach to technology, FullStack is the path that allows for rapid development, constant iteration, maximum efficiency and much more.
Let’s explore what we would consider the “best of the breed” frameworks further, in the context of their appropriate technologies:
- AngularJS is an open-source web application framework maintained by Google that emphasizes collaboration as a means of conquering challenges. It aims to simplify both the development and the testing of such applications by providing a framework for client-side model-view-controller (MVC) and model-view-viewmodel (MVVM) architectures, along with components commonly used in rich internet applications.
As iTexico’s preferred framework, our developers have a deep expertise in utilizing AngularJS when developing web applications. AngularJS is the front end component of the MEAN stack, working together with Node.js runtime, Express.js backend framework and the MongoDB database.
It is important to reiterate that React is not a complete framework, and you cannot build a fully functional dynamic application in React alone. That said, React is a great tool for a team of developers, because it enforces the UI and workflow patterns, keeping the view layer consistent.
NodeJS is used by many Fortune 1000 companies, including Rakuten, PayPal,Microsoft, Yahoo!, Walmart, SAP, LinkedIn and many more.
- ExpressJS is a Node.js web application server framework, designed for building single-page, multi-page, and hybrid web applications. The de facto standard server framework for Node.js, it is a relatively minimal server with many features available as plugins. It is the back-end part of the MEAN stack, together with the MongoDB database and the AngularJS front end framework.
- LoopBack.io is a highly-extensible, open-source, Node.js framework from iTexico partner StrongLooop. It allows developers to quickly create dynamic end-to-end REST APIs, and connect devices or browsers to data and services. Loopback.io allows the generation of Android, iOS, and AngularJS SKKs to easily create client applications.
LoopBack contains several add-on components for push notifications, file management, third-party login, and geolocation.
- Apigee/A127 is a highly-extensible, open-source, Node.js framework used to quickly and easily create dynamic end-to-end REST APIs.
- SailsJS is a Realtime MVC framework for Node.js that is designed to make it easy to build custom, enterprise-grade Node.js apps. It is especially good for building chat, realtime dashboards, or multiplayer games.
- MongoDB is a cross-platform document-oriented database. It does not adhere to the traditional table-based relational database structure, but instead favors JSON - like documents with more dynamic schemas.
- Couchbase Server, formerly knows as Membase, is an open-source, distributed NoSQL document-oriented database that is optimized for interactive apps. It is engineered for performance, scalability, and simplified administration, and is supportive of large data sets.
- Redis is an industry leading, open-source, networked, in-memory data structure server. It is used as a database cache and message broker.
- ElasticSearch is a search server based on Lucene. It provides a distributed, multienant-capable full-text search engine with RESTful web interface and schema-free JSON documents.
At iTexico, our FullStack JS Service offerings will help your business choose the right technologies for your Enterprise.
We offer workshops and Team mentoring for the following:
- Mobile: Appcelerator or Ionic
- SPA: Angular or React
- API Composition in Node.js: LoopBack, Express or A127
- NoSQL design: MongoDB or Couchbase
About the Author
Abhijeet Pradhan is the Former CTO and Co-Founder of iTexico, a multi-platform mobile app and fullstack software design and development firm with over 100+ developers, which includes Extended Team as a Service (eTaaS). Abhijeet is passionate about technology and its applications to everyday consumer and business life.