Find Unique Device Identifier (UDID) on the iPhone
UDID is an acronym for Unique Device ID. The UDID is a feature of Apple iDevices. It is a unique id for a single device that is being fetched by Apple servers.
To test an application we develop for you, you need to provide us with the UDID from your iPhone (or iPod or iPad). Think of the UDID like a unique ID number on your iPhone.
Here are the steps to find your UDID:
- Launch iTunes & connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod (device).
- Under Devices, click on your device
- Next click on the ‘Serial Number’
- This should change the Serial Number into the UDID
- Choose ‘Edit’ and then ‘Copy’ from the iTunes menu.
- Paste into your Email, and you should see the UDID in your email message.